Ground Beef from Frozen
Cook your ground beef from frozen to use in any recipe!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup water (or whatever is your pressure cooker's minimum liquid requirement)
Adapted from kitchenstewardship.com
Place a trivet or steam inside the liner of your Instant Pot.
Add frozen ground beef on top of the trivet, in one big block.
Add water beneath the trivet.
Lock the lid, close the sealing valve, and select 25 minutes of pressure cooking on high (manual button).
Once the program is done, release the pressure immediately (called a 'quick release') by opening the valve. Place a towel over the valve to contain the steam and protect your cupboards if you like.
Take the temperature of your meat, using a instant read meat thermometer. Aim for 160F.
If the meat is undercooked, close the lid, seal, and cook for another 5 minutes -- checking again.
Repeat if necessary.
Remove ground beef with tongs. Use a sturdy spoon to crumble the ground beef.
Use in your favorite recipe or freeze the meat in pre-portioned bags.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Cheese Soup 4/5 (3 Votes)
- BAKED BARRAMUNDI with MUSTARD &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage And Leek Fusilli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage, Tomato & Fennel Shells 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Penne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sissy's Special Hamburgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meaty Ziti Casserole With Ground... 0/5 (0 Votes)