Creole Crab Dip
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup sliced bottled roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
With motor running, drop garlic into a food processor and chop.
Stop motor and add roasted red peppers, vinegar, cayenne to taste, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to food processor and purée until smooth. Add mayonnaise and process until combined.
Transfer roasted red pepper mixture to a heavy medium pot and heat over low heat. Gently stir in crabmeat and cook until just heated through, then stir in chives.