Beef And Green Pepper Stir-Fry
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 pound flank or skirt steak, cut thin strips
- 1/4 cup canned beef broth
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts - (8 oz) drained
- 1 small green bell pepper thinly sliced
- Freshly cooked rice
Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, ginger and garlic in medium bowl. Add beef and stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
Combine broth, remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce and remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch in small bowl.
Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add water chestnuts and bell pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove from wok.
Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in wok. Add beef with marinade and stir-fry until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Return water chestnuts and peppers to wok and mix well.
Stir broth mixture. Add to wok and cook until sauce boils and thickens, about 30 seconds. Serve with freshly cooked rice.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.