Razor Clam Fritters
- 1 C. chopped razor clams (reserve the liquid)
- 1 bottle flat beer
- 1 1/2 C. pancake mix
- 6 green onions - cut very thin, use greens
- 1/2 green pepper - cut very thin
- 1 stalk celery - cut very thin
- I added 2 T grated parmesan to batter and used coconut oil to fry in.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from homemadefoodjunkie.com
Mix onions, celery, green pepper and pancake mix together. Add clams and juice to other ingredients, then add beer till you have a very thick mixture that can be dropped from spoon into hot oil at 375 . You may not need all the beer because of the clam juice. Drop by spoonful in oil - cook 2 min. per side - test, if not cooked- drop by smaller spoonfuls.