Poblano and Pepper Jack-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Ancho Chile Cream Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Stockyards, Phoenix, AZ
- Poblano and Pepper Jack-Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
- 2 small to medium fresh poblano peppers
- Two 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Two 2-ounce slices pepper jack cheese
- Ancho Chile Cream Sauce:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice, such as Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic Spice
- 1/2 tablespoon ancho chile powder
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
For the poblano and pepper jack-stuffed chicken breasts: Roast the poblano peppers over an open flame until completely charred, transfer to a plastic bag and seal for 10 minutes. Peel the charred skin, remove all the seeds and cut each pepper in half.
Meanwhile, put chicken breasts on a cutting board and pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, heat, then add the chicken and cook until the first side is golden-brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden-brown, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the ancho chile cream sauce: Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and cook until reduced by 1/3. Add the Cajun spice and ancho chile powder and simmer for another minute or so. Keep warm.
When the chicken is done, cut each piece into 2 equal halves. Lay one piece in the centers of 2 dinner plates and top each with 2 poblano halves, 1 piece of pepper jack, and another piece of chicken. Pour half of the Ancho Chile Cream Sauce over the tops and serve immediately.
PROFESSIONAL RECIPE: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (383 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)