Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (about 1.5 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- 3 tablespoons oatmeal (regular or quick oats)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split and scraped
Cut the banana into slices about 3/4-inch thick and place them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on 60% power for about 7 minutes, until most of the moisture has boiled out of the banana
Scrape the banana off the plate while it is still hot (makes cleanup easier) and allow to cool.
Pulse the cashews in the food processor until coarsely ground. Add the flax seed and oatmeal and pulse a few more times.
Add the banana and dates, and scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the processor. Blend into a thick paste.
Moisten your hands. Scoop up the paste by heaping teaspoons and form into small balls. Place each one on a plate, not touching. Cover and keep refrigerated
You'll also love
- Green Bean Casserole 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cranberry Serrano Relish 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Apple Pie 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Heavenly Banana Pudding 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
Review this recipe