Teriyaki Shrimp Alfredo
- 1 pound medium sized shrimp, peel, cleaned
- 1 cup Wanjashan organic teriyaki sauce
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup edamames
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Grated Reggiano
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1/2 pound blanched whole wheat fettucine or linguine
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
Marinate the shrimp in teriyaki sauce for 2-3 minutes, drain.
In a saute pan on medium heat coated lightly with extra virgin olive oil, saute shallots, garlic and edamames until aromatic and slightly softened. Add shrimp and sear until just cooked.
Add lemon zest and juice and cream and bring to a simmer, then add desired amount of cheese, white pepper and pasta. Toss well until heated through.
Check for seasoning and serve.
NOTES: Today's dish takes Teriyaki from the east and cream from the west and combines them to make my yummy Teriyaki Shrimp Alfredo.