Avocado Shrimp Ceviche
Delicious and easy to make, this shrimp ceviche is a perfect light meal. Serve with either crackers or tortilla chips, or even hot tortillas to make a ceviche taco.
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Saltine crackers
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Place the shrimp and lime juice into a large bowl and stir to coat. Let stand for about 5 mins, or until shrimp are opaque. The lime juice will cook them. Mix in the tomatoes, onion and cilantro until coated with lime juice; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator , and mix in the worcestershire, ketchup, hot sauce, salt, pepper and avocado.
Serve with saltine crackers.
You'll also love
- Award Winning Maryland Cream of... 3.8/5 (1673 Votes)
- Arizona Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep Fried Turkey Rub 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheddar & Garlic Biscuits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Walnut Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Crisp Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gingered Pear and Cranberry Trifle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Tofu, Tarragon and... 0/5 (0 Votes)