Cracked Pepper Shrimp Alfredo
- 6 - 8 ozs. thin spaghetti
- 1 (12-16 oz) bag frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- Half a medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (I used salted)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 ozs. (Half of 8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used Parmesan-Romano blend)
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- Pinch of Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning, optional
Get everything ready before starting to cook as it goes together quickly once started.
Cook spaghetti in unsalted boiling water until tender.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and saute just until crisp tender, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl. Reheat the skillet; add shrimp and saute until pink, stirring constantly, adding a dab more butter if needed. Remove to the bowl that the bell pepper is in. Set aside.
In a large non-stick skillet, bring the milk just to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add the cubed cream cheese, Parmesan, cracked pepper, garlic salt and creole seasoning, if using; cook and whisk for 3-4 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended. Add the shrimp and bell pepper; cook and stir for another 1-2 minutes or just until mixture is hot.
Drain spaghetti well in a colander then add it to the sauce, tossing to combine.
Garnish with additional Parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately.
Leftovers can be loosened with a dab of milk or heavy cream, covered and reheated in the microwave.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)