One-Pot Cheesy Italian Pasta and Chicken
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves, divided
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and Italian herbs, drained (about 7 ounces)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2" bite size pieces)
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound dry linguine
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups (32 ounces) reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chardonnay wine
- 4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
Combine 1/2 of the spinach with the tomatoes, onion, chicken, garlic, linguine, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pour chicken stock and wine over top. Cover and bring to a boil.
Cook 7-9 minutes until pasta is al dente (with a bite to it). Toss pasta with tongs occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. You will still have some liquid in the pan when the pasta is done cooking. This is going to make the base for our delicious cheese sauce.
Turn off the heat and add the cheese to the pasta. Toss pasta with tongs until the cheese melts into the pasta. Toss in remaining spinach. Serve and enjoy!