Pumpkin French Toast with Pumpkin Butter
For the perfect Pumpkin French Toast with Pumpkin Butter all you need to do is combine the perfect pumpkin spice with some french toast and top it off with whipped pumpkin butter.
- WHIPPED PUMPKIN BUTTER:
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk whole, low-fat or skim
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 slices Texas toast, french bread, challah, croissant halves
- 1/2 cup (1-stick), salted or unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 11mins
Adapted from lifemadesimplebakes.com
Set a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat, add a small amount of butter and melt.
In a rectangular baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Dip the bread into the mixture, flip sides and then place on the hot skillet. Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining ingredients, serve hot with whipped pumpkin butter, maple syrup and toasted chopped nuts (if desired).
To make the pumpkin butter, in a small mixing bowl, add the softened butter and beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup or honey, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Beat for an additional minute or until fluffy.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.