Fajita Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 3 large breasts)
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 (10.5-Ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen diced onion and bell pepper blend
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with chilies (like Ro*Tel), drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (1.12-Ounce) packet fajita seasoning ( I prefer McCormick)
- 1 (8-ounce) (2 cups) shredded Mexican blend cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from southernbite.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, uncooked rice, cream of chicken, sour cream, diced onion and bell pepper, drained tomatoes with chilies, chicken broth, fajita seasoning, and about half of the cheese.
Mix to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and spread it evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.