Baked Honey Sesame Chicken Thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Adapted from damndelicious.net
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
To make the sauce, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, sesame oil, cornstarch and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Stir in honey mixture.
Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.