Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Brunch Ring
This brunch recipe gets major points for presentation, but it's the buttery, cheesy, bacon-y goodness that will keep everyone coming back for more. Serve with chunky salsa, sour cream, and fresh cilantro, if desired. The Tex-Mex flavors in this recipe will give you and your loved ones the zip and zing you need to wake up and get through your day the right and the best part this recipe will keep you full well into the lunch hour.
- 4 slices bacon cut in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 can Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 1 cup Old El Paso Thick N' Chunky Salsa
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from lifemadedelicious.ca
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In a 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until cooked but not crisp, turning once. Set bacon aside; drain all except 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from skillet.
In a medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup of the milk, the eggs, salt, and pepper with a fork or whisk until well mixed. Stir in bell pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture heats, portions of eggs will begin to set. Gently push cooked portions with metal spatula to outside edge of skillet. Avoid stirring constantly. As more egg sets, push it to the edge and place it on top of the already set egg mixture. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. On the parchment-lined cookie sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward the center, overlapping them slightly, leaving a 4-inch round circle open in the center. This should create a star-like shape. Crescent dough points may hang over the edge of the cookie sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten.
Place bacon on each of the triangles. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the cheese onto widest part of dough. Spoon eggs over cheese. Sprinkle with another 1/3 cup of the cheese. Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese and tuck under dough to form a ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. With a broad spatula, carefully loosen the ring from the cookie sheet and slide onto a serving platter. Garnish with cilantro and salsa.
You'll also love
- Avocado Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Muffins 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup (Chili's... 4/5 (105 Votes)
- Sufganiyot 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Garlic Farmers Pork Ribs (Pork... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Buttermilk Doughnuts 4.5/5 (31 Votes)