Topsy turvy apple pie
- Glaze and crust
- 1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/4 c pecan halves
- 1 (15-oz) pkg pillsbury refrigerated pie
- Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 2/3 c sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cup 4 medium thinly sliced peeled apples
- Whipped cream
In 9-inch glass pie pan, combine brown sugar, margarine and corn syrup, mix well. Spread evenly in bottom of pan. Arrange pecans over mixture in pan. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for two-crust pie, place bottom crust over mixture in pan. Heat oven to 425
In small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon, mix well. Arrange half of apple slices in crust lined pan. Sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining apple slices and sugar mixture. Top with second crust, seal edges and flute. Cut slits in several place in too crust.
Place pie pan on sheet of foil on oven rack. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350, bake an additional 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
Immediately run knife around edge of pie to loosen. Carefully invert pie onto serving plate. Serve warm or cool with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Mini Orange Angel Food Cakes 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Ginger- Sweet Potato Cheesecake 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Spiced Orange and Vanilla Pudding 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Apple-Cherry Cobbler 4.1/5 (45 Votes)
Review this recipe