Chicken Burrito Bowls
Prepare four bowls at once. Refrigerate for a meal a day for four days.
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar salsa
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, divided
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Place the chicken, peppers, and onions onto the baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
4. Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
5. Salt and pepper the peppers and onions, tossing to coat.
6. Top each chicken breast with a generous pour of salsa.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
8. Rest chicken for 10 minutes, before slicing into strips.
9. Add a base of brown rice to 4 food storage containers. Top each with a scoop of black beans, corn, additional salsa, cheddar cheese, cooked peppers and onions, and sliced chicken. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
10. Store in the refrigerator (and enjoy any extras immediately). Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.
11. Meal-prep FTW! Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Cannelloni with... 3.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Spicy Chinese Shrimp and Sweet... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple "Coffee" Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Low Carb Creamy Chicken and Sweet... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Confetti Chicken Chili 4.2/5 (5 Votes)