Roasted Asparagus And Wild Mushroom Fricassee
- 1 pound medium asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot minced
- 12 ounces assorted wild mushroom sliced (such as crimini, oyster, chanterelle, and stemmed shiitake)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Arrange asparagus on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle oil over and turn to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast until just tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms; sauté until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Cover; cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add wine; cook uncovered until wine is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley and tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide asparagus among 4 plates. Top each serving with mushrooms.
This recipe yields 4 (first-course) servings.