Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
Servings: 2 servings
These taquitos are quick and easy and so delicious for an appetizer or even as a full meal. They're cheesy and crunchy enough for everyone to enjoy!
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach, stems removed
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- vegetable or canola oil, for frying
Heat ½-inch oil in a sauce pan on medium heat. In a large bowl mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, colby jack and spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once oil is hot enough (place hand over pan, above oil, to feel heat), add a few tablespoons of chicken/cream cheese mixture to the center of a tortilla and spread out. Roll up and set seam side down in oil using tongs. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all the tortillas are filled, rolled and fried. Set on paper towels to drain.