Magic Peach Cobbler
- 3 - cups canned sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1/2 - cup butter, softened
- 3/4 - cup sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 1 - cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 - cup sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 - cup boiling water
Adapted from thefoodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 8x8 inch baking pan with non stick spray. Drain the sliced peaches and arrange them in the bottom of the baking pan.
In a large bowl or kitchen aid mixer, cream the butter with 3/4 cup sugar. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
Add the milk, flour, salt and baking powder to the sugar butter mixture. Mix until creamy. Spread the batter over the peaches and smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with the cornstarch. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter.
Pour the boiling water over the sugar mixture making sure to cover all of the sugar with the water. This is where the magic happens and what makes the crispy topping.
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Cook's Note: Fresh peaches can be substituted for canned peaches. About 4 peaches is equal to 3 cups.
You'll also love
- Strawberry, Mango & Rose Pavlova 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple Dream Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Melon-and-Peach Salad with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe