Ramen Noodle Salad
Serves 20-25 people
- 6 packages Chicken Ramen Noodles (noodles and flavor packs)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, cubed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
Adapted from inspiredbycharm.com
In a large bowl, add the six packets of ramen noodles. Break each block of the noodles in half before adding it to the bowl. Set the flavor packets to the side so you can use them for the dressing.
Top the noodles with 6-8 cups of boiling water. As the noodles soak, stir them every few minutes to ensure they are evenly cooked.
While your noodles soak, chop up the broccoli into 1/- to 1-inch pieces. For this recipe, I recommend using mostly the leafy part with a shorter stem. Cut the celery and red onion as well. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and all six of the chicken flavor packs from the noodles. Set aside.
After 10-15 minutes your noodles should be ready. Strain off the water and rinse the noodles with cold water. Rinse them until they are cooled. Shake off the excess water.
In a large bowl, add the noodles, broccoli, celery, red onion, and sliced almonds. Pour the dressing over the top. Mix together with your hands (recommended) or a large spoon until everything is evenly coated with the dressing.
Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti With Garlic, White Wine,... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Bake Apple Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Penne alla vodka 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spicy-Tahini Soba Noodle Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Ramen Noodles 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Japanese Pork & Ramen... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)