Creamy Tomato Italian Parmesan Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts*
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Italian Seasoning Herb Grinder, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
In a large skillet add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper the chicken.
Cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and add the onion and garlic. Sauté for a couple of minutes until tender. Add the tomato sauce, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and italian seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a simmer and add the chicken back to the skillet. Top with shredded parmesan cheese. Serve over pasta of desired.