Meyer Lemon Ice Box Cake
You can go with different flavors and make this cake as big or as small as you like. You could use chocolate wafer cookies and flavor the cream with coffee. You can substitute graham crackers.
- Serves 8
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup limoncello liqueur
- zest of 3 Meyer lemons
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16-18 ounces lemon wafer cookies
- lemon zest curls for garnish
Adapted from food52.com
1. Using a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, combine the cream, mascarpone, sugar, limoncello, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix on low speed to begin, gradually increasing speed until firm peaks form.
2. Use an 8-inch springform pan to assemble the cake. You will be making 4 layers each of cookies and of filling. Begin with a layer of cookies, overlapping to insure a solid base with no spaces between the cookies. Next, add 1/4 of the filling and smooth with an offset spatula.
3. Repeat the cookie-filling layers 3 more times, finishing with the cream filling on top of the cake. Smooth carefully with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. To serve, run a knife around the sides of the cake and remover sides of the springform pan. Using 2 spatulas, carefully lift the cake off the springform bottom. Place cake on a stand or plate. Garnish with lemon zest curls, cut and serve while still cold.
You'll also love
- Sparkling Kiwi Lemonade 4.5/5 (10 Votes)