Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 1/2 tsps canola oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2 tsps oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
Drain and discard the marinade from the chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11-in x 7-in baking dish.
In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Sprinkle with parsley.