Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos
Super easy oven baked spicy chicken tacos that they whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 packet Old El Paso Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning, 1 ounce
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomato, drained, 14.5
- 1 can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, 4.5 ounces
- 10 Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- 1/2 can Old El Paso Refried Beans, 16 ounces
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- Toppings such as Old El Paso sliced Jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, or any of your favorite taco toppings!
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from thecookierookie.com
Preheat oven to 400°F
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and green chiles. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on each side.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell.
Sprinkle each shell generously with shredded cheese, the more the better!
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
Remove from the oven and top with your favorite items such as jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.
Tips: Be sure to drain the tomatoes completely, this will help the taco shells to not get soggy while baking!
If you prefer your tacos not spicy, just omit the green chilis and use regular Old El Paso Taco Seasoning. Just as delicious!
You'll also love
- Best Oven Baked Fries 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Almond Roca 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Spiced Pork in Parmesan Cups 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Applesauce Overnight Oats 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Birria de Res 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Taco Tico Meat 3.9/5 (138 Votes)
Review this recipe