Slow Cooker Birria de Res
One of the best Mexican dishes is Birria de Res, a stewed spicy beef dish made with dried chiles. Serve it up in tortillas, burritos, burrito bowls, or even stuffed in sandwiches for a delicious meal.
- 2 pounds beef roast, lean
- 3 dried guajillos
- 2 dried pasilla chiles
- 2 dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon. cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tomatoes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 390mins
Heat the dried chiles in a heavy sauce pan for 3 to 4 minutes until fragrant and puffing up. Add the chicken broth (or water) to the saucepan and cover for 30 minutes.
Seed and devein the chiles, saving the water. Combine the chiles, water, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, pepper, and salt.
Add the sauce and meat the slow cooker. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Shred with 2 forks.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Espresso Raspberry... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Apple CHIMI 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork tenderloin with pear & blue... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef and Salsa Topped Corn Chips 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- CHUCKWAGON BEEF & BEAN SKILLET 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pudding - Mini Christmas Puds 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Peking Duck 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam - Reduced... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)