Summer Tomato Sandwich
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted or grilled
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- fresh basil leaves, optional
Adapted from menshealth.com
In a food processor, puree egg yolk, vinegar, mustard and water. With motor running, drizzle in oil until the mixture looks like mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
Slather the mayonnaise on 2 slices of prepared bread. Place a few slices of tomato on top of each and season with sea salt and pepper. Top with basil, if desired.