Cherry White Chocolate Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries, halved
- 3 ounces white chocolate , chopped
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
Line large rimless baking sheet with parchment paper.
In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter. In small boll, whisk buttermilk with egg, ; add to flour mixture. Sprinkle with cherries and white chocolate; stir with for to make soft dough.
With lightly floured hands, press dough into ball. On floured surface, knead dough gently 10 tines. Pat out into 10 x 7 inch rectangle; trim edges to straighten.
Cut rectangle into 6 squares; cut each diagonally in half. Place on prepared pan. Bake in centre of 400 oven until golden, 18 - 20 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool.
Topping: Drizzle with chocolate. Let stand until set, about 1 hour.