Pork Tenderloin With Chipotle-Marmalade Sauce
- 3 2/3 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
- 3 2/3 cups chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies see * Note
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pork tenderloins - (16 oz ea)
* Note: Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
Boil beef and chicken stocks in medium saucepan until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 45 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add reduced stock mixture, marmalade and chipotle chilies. Simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes.
Mix 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch in small bowl. Whisk cornstarch mixture into stock mixture. Stir until sauce boils and thickens, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add pork and cook until brown on all sides, about 4 minutes.
Transfer skillet to oven and bake until thermometer inserted into pork registers 155 degrees, about 15 minutes. Let pork rest 5 minutes.
Bring sauce to simmer. Slice pork into 1/2-inch-thick medallions; arrange on plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Lobster And Crab Ravioli 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tempura Green Beans, Yellow Beans... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Duck Breast With Fennel And... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Curried Lentil, Tomato And Lamb... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Giant Pork Chops With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin/ Weight... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin - Crock Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)