Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin cake is moist and fluffy and a great change-up from classic pumpkin pie.
- 10.1 ounces flour (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare cake, weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
3. Combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, to sugar mixture; beat well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well. Fold in flour mixture. Spread batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
4. To prepare the frosting, combine 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well combined. Spread frosting evenly over top of cake.