Caribbean Coconut Fish
Rate this recipe 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- 4 (4 oz) fillets Tilapia (or other favorite fish)
- 5 stalks lemongrass, quartered
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces coconut milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from food.com
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F In a small sauce pan heat up onions, garlic, and butter. Saute for 2 minutes, pour in tomato sauce and cook another two minutes.
2. Pour in can of coconut milk, cilantro, lemon grass, salt and pepper. Turn of heat and let sit.
3. In a baking dish place the fish and pour coconut sauce over the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10 minutes, or until fish is fork tender.
You'll also love
- Maple and Soy Black Cod with... 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Goji Berry Oatmeal 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Apricot Bars With Shortbread Crust 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Coconut Easter Eggs 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sauteed Shrimp With Coconut Oil 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
Review this recipe