- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) chilled, and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Boil wine, shallot and lemon juice in medium saucepan over high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking until melted before adding more. Remove pan from heat. Stir in dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields about 3/4 cup.