Paleo Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1 lb sausage removed from casings
- 1 tbs fresh sage, chopped OR 1 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small sugar pumpkin or 1 kabocha squash
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
2. In a large skillet, brown sausage, breaking it into chunks with the spatula. Add in sage, allspice, salt and pepper. Cool.
3. Cut the top of the squash or pumpkin like you are preparing it to be a jack-o-lantern (angle the knife, so that it creates a little shelf for the top to sit on).
4. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard or toast later for munching.
5. Sit pumpkin or squash on the baking sheet and fill with contents of the skillet. Replace the top.
6. Bake at 400 for about an hour or until the squash is soft and caramelizes.
7. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Gently peel skin and scoop out yumminess inside to serve!