Lamb & Cucumber Salad Pitas
Lamb burgers are served with a homemade yogurt sauce and a freshly made cucumber salad on a pita bread. Perfect for a light dinner.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 soft flatbreads
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a medium bowl combine cucumber, onion, olives, half the mint leaves, jalapeno, and oregano. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil; toss to coat.
In a small bowl combine yogurt and 1 clove garlic. Chop remaining mint and stir into yogurt mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl combine lamb, remaining clove of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon. black pepper. Heat remaining oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon meat into 4 mounds in skillet, leaving space between mounds. Cook 2 minutes. Press mounds into thin patties using the back of a wide spatula. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until browned. Turn; cook 2 minutes more or until done (160 degrees F).
Serve lamb patties in flatbread topped with yogurt mixture and Cucumber Salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Better Homes and Gardens, April 2016, Page 80.
Per serving: 236 kcal cal., 14 g fat (1 g sat. fat, 5 g polyunsaturated fat, 6 g monounsatured fat), 0 mg chol., 402 mg sodium, 17 g carb., 2 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 14 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
You'll also love
- Spice-Roasted Cauliflower With... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Loaded Baked Potato Quiche 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- My First Holiday Turkey! 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Bacon Tuna Pasta Bake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cabbage, Cucumber & Fennel Salad... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Rosemary Mint Lamb Chops with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pickled Cucumber & Fennel Meze 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Bangladeshi Lamb Biryani 4.4/5 (5 Votes)