Grilled Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri
Tender cuts of lamb are grilled to perfection then nestled on a bed of orzo and peas with feta cheese. Mint chimichurri adds a delightfully bright freshness with an interesting combination of flavors and transforms this dish in to an amazing dining experience.
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, cored and seeded
- Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
- 2/3 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup mint chimichurri (above)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 (4 to 6-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed, 1 per person
- olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor, season with salt pepper and sugar to taste.
Cook orzo in a pot of boiling water according to directions. Add peas the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in chimichurri and feta.
Rub both sides with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Allow chops to sit for 30 minutes. Grill each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145° F.
Serve the Lamb Chops over a bed or orzo and peas with the mint chimichurri sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Cheesecake in the Instant Pot 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Thai Cashew Coconut Rice with... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Salad... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Seafood Boil with Corn, Potatoes... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Guacamole with Roasted Tomatillos... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- New Year's Day Black-Eyed Peas 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Ham Glaze with Root Beer New... 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
Review this recipe