Dutch Baked Pancake with Strawberry-Almond Compote Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven for 4-5 minutes or until butter is melted; carefully swirl to coat evenly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, orange peel and extract until blended. Whisk in flour, sugar and salt. Pour into hot pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and sides are golden brown and crisp.
In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Serve with pancake. Yield: 6 servings (3 cups topping).
Editor's Note: To toast nuts, spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Or, spread in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
You'll also love
- Sunchoke-Kale Hash with Farro 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- New Mexico Green Chili Pork Stew 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Bavarian Chef's Apple Cabbage 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Tomato Soup with Orange & Cumin 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Cranberry Pecan... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Blackberry dumplings 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Fresh Dairy Free Strawberry... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)