Pork Medallions with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Seasoning Pork Tenderloin - sliced into 2" medallions
- 1 shallot - minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 5 ounces portobello mushrooms - sliced
Adapted from bellalimento.com
What To Do:
Into a large non-stick skillet melt butter and olive over medium heat.
Add pork medallions and brown on both sides. Approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and transfer to a warm plate.
Add shallots to pan. Stir to coat.
Remove pan from heat. Add Marsala. Return pan to heat and continue to cook until liquid has reduce by half. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula or spoon while it's cooking.
Add cornstarch to half and half and whisk into sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have softened.
Return pork medallions to pan and turn to coat.
NOTE: serve with garlic mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.
You'll also love
- Italian-Style Grilled Octopus 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Paleo Baked Eggs in Avocado 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Beef & Curry Pie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pork and Pineapple Kabobs 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Ziti with Portobello Mushrooms,... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegetarian Mushroom Thyme Gravy 4.6/5 (10 Votes)