Pork Chops in a Fennel & Caper Sauce
Uniquely tasting Pork chops.
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 4 Pork Chops ( I used boneless)
- 3/4 t Salt
- 3/4 t Black Pepper
- 2 Fennel bulbs with fronds thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots thinly sliced
- 1/3 Flat Leaf Parsley freshly chopped x 2 for garnish
- 1/2 c White Wine
- 1 28oz can Diced Tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 Lemon zested
- 2 T Capers
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Season pork chops w/S&P. Add pork to the pan & brown on both sides, about 4-5 mins. Remove pork from pan & cover loosely with foil & set aside.
Add the fennel, shallots & parsley to pan & cook over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5 mins. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the brown bits off bottom of pan. Add tomatoes & stir, Add pork back into pan, nestling between fennel & tomatoes. Cook until fennel is tender & pork is done, about 12-15 mins.
Place pork on serving dish. To finish sauce, add lemon zest, other 1/3 c of parsley, capers w/S&P. Stir to combine & spoon over pork chops. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Spicy Beef Stir-Fry with a hint of... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Roast Chicken with Salsa Verde and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Strata 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sausage Ragu 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Apple Pot Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Parmesan-Herb Pork... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Wild Rice with Bacon and Fennel 4.4/5 (5 Votes)