Banana Bread (with cauliflower)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups banana puree
- 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl or zip-lock bag, mix the flours with the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, if using. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and oil with a wooden spoon until well combined. Mix in the egg whites, banana, and cauliflower purees and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes for the large loaf, 25 to 30 minutes for the mini loaves. Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn the bread out of the pan to cool before serving.
You'll also love
- Grilled Texas-Style Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian sugar snap peas and shelled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Applebee's Bourbon Street Steak 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Basil Peppercorn Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BISQUICK BROCCOLI QUICHE 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Layered Cauliflower Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blue's Banana Pops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Momofuku Roasted Cauliflower 0/5 (0 Votes)