Southwest Pork Stew
Recipe source: Southern Living | November 2015
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa verde
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 pound shredded smoked pork, without sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from southernliving.com
1. Cook salsa verde in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. 2. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
TOP IT OFF A flourish of herbs, a slice of avocado, and a dollop of sour cream take this dish to the next level.