Mixed Berry Coconut Shortcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 6 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and rind in bowl. Cut in butter until fine crumbs. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Stir in milk just until mixture comes together.
On floured surface, pat dough into 9x6" rectangle, 1/2" thick. Cut into 6 squares (3x3"). Place on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in 425 degrees oven 12-14 min. until golden. Remove shortcakes from oven; cool. Lower oven to 350 degrees. Spread remaining coconut on clean baking sheet. Bake 2 min; stir and bake 2 min more or until golden.
Mix strawberries, blackberries, 2 Tbsp sugar and lemon juice in bowl. Beat cream and remaining 2 Tbsp sugar in bowl until soft peaks form.
Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Assemble shortcakes with berry mixture and whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili... 4.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Bars 4.5/5 (110 Votes)