Marionberry Oat Bars
- 2 cups fresh or frozen marionberries or blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided in half
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degreees.
In a medium saucepan combine berries, sugar, water, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and cornstarch. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered until thickened, stirring frequently.
In a mixing bowl stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and baking soda. Stir in melted butter till thoroughly combined. Set aside 1-1/2 cups of the oat mixture for topping.
4. Press remaining oat mixture into an ungreased 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
5. Carefully spread filling on top of the baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Lightly press oat mixture into filling. Bake for 20-25 minutes more until topping is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.