Chicken And Asparagus Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 can reduced-salt chicken broth - (48 oz)
- 1 pound fresh or previously grilled asparagus trimmed, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 6 French rolls
Dice chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. In large saucepan, quickly brown chicken and lemon zest in oil over medium-high heat. Add flour. Stir well. Cook for 1 minute. Add broth. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add fresh asparagus. Simmer for 5 minutes. (Note: Or add grilled asparagus and simmer for 1 minute.) Whisk in sour cream. Serve with rolls on side.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Nutrition Information: One serving contains 444 calories (20 percent calories from fat); 44 grams carbohydrates; 38 grams protein; 10 grams total fat (3 grams saturated fat); 72 milligrams cholesterol; 4 grams fiber; 967 milligrams sodium.