Dutch Baby - Blueberry
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 10-inch cast iron pan and heat the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and set aside to cool slightly.
Blend all ingredients until smooth and frothy; I use an immersion blender.
Fold in fruit.
Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and immediately pour the batter into the center. Bake for 25-30 minutes, do not open the oven while baking.
The Dutch baby will puff up in the center and the edges will be dark and crispy.
Serve warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and lemon wedges for squeezing.