Boozy Spice Cake
This delectable bourbon spiced cake is a perfect example of having your cake and eating it too! Whip this up for your next get together, you won't be disappointed.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, beat cake mix, water, oil and bourbon on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Fold in chopped walnuts, if desired.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Transfer cake to serving plate.
Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt and cook butter, whisking constantly, until butter browns and turns a caramel color. Strain butter into a large bowl.
Add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk to bowl and stir to combine.
Immediately pour glaze evenly over warm cake. Let glaze set and cake cool before slicing.
You'll also love
- Mario Batali's Penne alla Vodka 4.1/5 (74 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Muffins 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Apple... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry-Lemon Pound Cake 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Streuselkuchen; German Crumb Cake 4/5 (80 Votes)
- Spiced Bundt Cake with Apple... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)