DUTCH PEAR PIE
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pears ( 2-3 medium size)
- CRUMB TOPPING
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or oleo
1. Heat oven to 425F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust baked shell using 9" glass pie plate; do not prick crust. Carefully line pastry with a double thickness of foil, gently pressing foil to bottom and side of pastry. Let foil extend over edge to avoid excessive browning. Bake 10". Carefully remove foil; bake 2-4"longer, or until pastry just begins to brown and has become set. If crust bubbles, gently push bubbles down with back of spoon.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into warm baked pie shell.
3. In medium bowl, mix crumb topping ingredients with pastry blender or fork until mixture looks like fine crumbs; sprinkle evenly over filling.
4. Reduce oven temp. to 350F. Bake 40-50" or until top is light golden brown. After 30" of baking, cover top of pie with foil to prevent excessive browning. Cool at least 30". Refrigerate