Chicken and Jicama Soup
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 lb)
- 1 jar (7 1/4 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups chicken broth, canned
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup peeled and cubed jicama
Broil chicken about 6 inches from heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink inside. Cut into 1/4 inch strips and set aside.
Place peppers and onion in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Heat pepper mixture, broth, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and garlic until boiling in a 2 qt saucepan. Stir in chicken and jicama; heat through and serve.