Scallop Puffs Que Sara
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound bay scallops quartered
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons dill chopped
- 2 cups Swiss cheese grated
- 2 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- ground pepper to taste
- 12 dozen bread rounds, 1 inch in diameter lightly toasted
- sweet hungarian paprika
- lemon slices and dill sprigs for garnish
Melt butter in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add scallops, zest and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly - 2-3 minutes. Add dill and cook 30 seconds longer. Cool to room temperature. Add cheese, mayo and pepper to scallop mixture and stir well. Refrigerate in a covered bowl up to one week til ready to use. Pre-heat broiler. Top toast rounds 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet with scallop mixture. Sprinkly lightly with paprika. Broil puffs 5 inches from heat until puffed and golden (about 2-3 minutes).
Garnish and serve hot.