Crown Roast of Pork
- 1 (6 to 10-pound) crown roast of pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped sage
- 4 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
Heat the grill to hot and preheat the oven to 350.
Rub the roast with olive oil and then season generously with salt and pepper. Put on hot grill and char on both sides, just about 5 minutes each.
Then, place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub all over with a little more olive oil and rub on the fresh herbs on both sides and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting frequently with wine, until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F. (20 to 22 minutes per pound).
Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 minutes before carving. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO LET IT REST - John has a very hard time doing this, go figure!