Sweet Macaroni Salad
IDALEE SCHOLZ • Cocoa Beach, Florida
A sweet out-of-the-ordinary dressing makes this
macaroni salad special. My aunt gave me the recipe,
and it has become one of my favorites. I occasionally
leave out the green pepper if I know that people don’t
like it...and it still tastes great.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain
and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine
the macaroni, carrots, green pepper and onion.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, sugar,
vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over macaroni
mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.