Miso Soup With Carrots And Tofu
- 6 cups water
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1 medium carrot cut thin strips
- 1/3 cup shiro miso (white fermented soybean paste)
- 1/2 cup small-diced silken tofu - (abt 3 oz)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry
Bring the water and ginger to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add carrot, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for 1 minute.
Whisk together shiro miso and 1/2 cup of the hot water in a small bowl until smooth, then whisk into the hot water. Remove and discard the ginger. Add tofu and scallions, divide among bowls, and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.